Re: << Compiling Octave 3.6.4 in CentOS 5.8 >>

From: Benjamin Lewis
Subject: Re: << Compiling Octave 3.6.4 in CentOS 5.8 >>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 18:04:18 -0500

Le 2013-03-04 à 14:00, "I. Camps" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Dear Alexander & Jordi,
>
> The output from the make command is attached.
>
> We don't generally recommend using non-free compilers to compile
> Octave. Try to see if the problem goes away when you compile with gcc.
> The Intel compiler plus the MKL mathematical libraries are free for the Linux
> environment (without technical support).
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Camps

They're not talking about "free as in beer"; there's no cost to use icc on
Linux, but it is still non-free as in its license does not allow the
investigation of its source nor its modification.  You are required to purchase
a commercial license if you intend to sell software compiled with icc.

Regards,

Ben Lewis