Re: << Compiling Octave 3.6.4 in CentOS 5.8 >>

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: << Compiling Octave 3.6.4 in CentOS 5.8 >>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 14:15:01 -0500

On 4 March 2013 14:00, I. Camps <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Alexander & Jordi,
>
> The output from the make command is attached.

Wow, that's quite the output.

I think the error that icc is whining about is this:

    error: no suitable conversion function from "const Complex" to
"double" exists

However, this is happening during a template instantiation. This
should be SFINAE:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SFINAE

I don't think this is a bug in the Octave source code. It seems to me
like a bug in icc for not properly implementing SFINAE. Do you agree?

If the compiler were free, you would be free to fix it yourself.
You'll have to beg Intel to fix this instead.

- Jordi G. H.