Re: Octave with eclipse

From: c.
Subject: Re: Octave with eclipse
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 10:37:25 +0100

On 2 Mar 2013, at 22:06, John Baker <address@hidden> wrote:

> My only work with Matlab was with their "IDE" that looks a lot like Octclipse
> and I am not familiar with using the Command Prompt interface with MatLab.
> The MatLab that I used at my last job at LLNL provided an editor and I could
> run the programs from the "IDE."

As other pointed out an integrate Octave IDE built on Qt is already been worked
on, but is not completely ready for prime-time yet.

But what you need is just the ability to edit your Octave scripts in an editor
and then launch them from there
you can set up Emacs or GEdit to provide that functionality.

> John

HTH,
c.