Re: errors in installing package miscellaneous

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: errors in installing package miscellaneous
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 08:37:12 +0100

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 10:22:18AM +0900, ishi soichi wrote:
> Octave3.6.4
>
> Installing a package called miscellaneous gives errors.
>
> Can anyone tell me why?
>
> soichi
>
> <snip>
>
> partarray.cc:42:31: error: variable length array of non-POD element type
>       'Array<octave_idx_type>'
>   Array<octave_idx_type> bidc [maxdims], eidc [maxdims];

Not all compilers allow this. 'partarray' is now removed from
miscellaneous in SVN, but I think there is not yet a release of
miscellaneous without it. We should do this soon. According to the
Makefile, you could download the current release and just remove
src/partarray.cc before compiling and installing.

Olaf