Re: Blank image() plot from Octave-3.6.4 on OS X with gnuplot-4.6.1 and

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: Blank image() plot from Octave-3.6.4 on OS X with gnuplot-4.6.1 and aquaterm-1.1.1
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 14:36:09 -0700

On 2/23/13 2:07 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2013, at 11:11 AM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
>
>> #Test case:
>>
>> A(1:512,1:512)=0;
>> A(256-10:256+10,256-10:256+10)= 255;
>>
>> #then either
>>
>> imagesc(A)
>>
>> #or
>>
>> image(A)
>>
>> I saw the bug reports about this issue:
>>
>> https://mailman.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/help-octave/2012-October/054888.html
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3583459&group_id=2055&atid=102055
>>
>> but apparently it wasn't fixed.
>>
>> Is there a workaround other than changing the plot terminal?
>
> Not a desirable solution .... but did you try to revert to an earlier version
> of gnuplot?
>
> Ben

No, because I didn't have one handy.  This was in response to a bug
report against what we currently have in the Fink distribution (well,
really against Octave-3.6.3, since this was just before I added 3.6.4),
and I gave the OP the links as well as suggesting changing the terminal
type as a workaround.

I'd rather not downgrade gnuplot globally unless I absolutely have to,
since other packages use it besides Octave.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison