Re: Parallel Computing in Octave (shared memory) Questions

From: c.
Subject: Re: Parallel Computing in Octave (shared memory) Questions
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:53:15 +0100

On 22 Feb 2013, at 18:54, Edwardo S Rivera Hazim <address@hidden> wrote:

> 3- In the OpenMPI_ext package, the function reference has some examples.
> Where I can see the code of this examples?
They are in the package itself you get them when you install the package.
to see one of the examples install and load openmpi_ext then type:

edit <example_name>

i.e., for example

edit PI

or

edit mc_example

> Did Octave have MPI function like MPI_Broadcast, MPI_Reduce etc.?
Yes. OpenMPI_ext is essentially just a collection of wrappers around some of
the
standard MPI functions that do nothing else but define user types for Octave's
internal data structures and then call the underlying function in openmpi.

Notice that in order for MPI_Status to work with openmpi >= 1.5 you will have
to apply this patch:
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/openmpi-ext-tp4642719p4643859.html

> 4- Where I can find more reference about parallel computing in Octave?
This presentation has a section with a small overviea and a couple examples:
  http://jordi.platinum.linux.pl/octave/what-is-octave.pdf

you need to use Adobe reader to display the slides as other pdf viewers do not
understand embedded attachments.

HTH,
c.