Re: I am unable to install packages into GNU Octave in Windows Vista

From: Andy Buckle
Subject: Re: I am unable to install packages into GNU Octave in Windows Vista
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 11:08:38 +0000

On 22 February 2013 05:02, Steven Collins <address@hidden> wrote:

I have currently installed GNU Octave to use on my Windows Vista computer.  I am, however, having two different problems.

1.        I am trying to modify the octaverc file but it seems that Octave completely ignores any changes I make to the file.  I have saved it as a .txt file and have added several changes but it doesn’t matter.

2.       I am trying to install packages to Octave and I continue to get this screen:

create a file .octaverc and put it in %homepath%. Don't put .txt on the end. It can be a text file without the extension.

Re: installing packages: you are using the 7z archive file incorrectly. Read the instructions here (below the list of packages), through points 2 and 3.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/octave/files/Octave%20Windows%20binaries/Octave%203.6.2%20for%20Windows%20MinGW%20installer/

--
/* andy buckle */