Re: Fist 10, second 10 points of an object

From: kankan
Subject: Re: Fist 10, second 10 points of an object
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 00:53:35 -0800 (PST)

Dear James Sherman ,

Thank  you for your appreciation. But I am searching something different. Let me explain my problem once again.
Here I have attached an image, the black curves are objects. i,j index of each object I can get using bwlabel.
Now I want to find out first 10 consecutive connected points (shown in blue box ) then second 10 consecutive connected points( shown in green box) and so on.

Thank you,
Kankan
Inline image 1

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM, James Sherman [via Octave] <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM, kankan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have been using *bwlabel*  to identify objects in an image. It gives output
> objects as serial no (1, 2, .....etc).
> I want to find out first 10 points, second 10 points of each object.
>  Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciate.
>
> Thanks,
> Kankan
>

> --

Hi Kankan,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "first", but if you want the
indices of all the pixels belonging to one object 5 (for example) you
could use the find command like:

[i, j] = find(labeled_image==5);

Hope this helps,

James Sherman

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Fist-10-second-10-points-of-an-object-tp4650099p4650100.html
To unsubscribe from Fist 10, second 10 points of an object, click here.
NAML

Kankan Sarkar
Junior Research Fellow
Physical Oceanography Division

National Institute of Oceanography(CSIR)
Dona Paula - 403 004, Goa, India
Mob. No- +919595713493