Re: octave-database - data entry into database table

From: Olaf Till
Subject: Re: octave-database - data entry into database table
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:20:25 +0100

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 07:53:11PM +0100, Olaf Till wrote:
> <snip>
> > octave:1> pq_interface
>
> There is no function 'pq_interface' in the database package.
>
> > panic: Segmentation fault -- stopping myself...
> > attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
> > save to `octave-core' complete
> > Segmentation fault
>
> I don't know what caused this segfault. It has probably nothing to do
> with the database package. I don't see the segfault on my system.
>
> > # Maybe I should file this as a bug report?
>
> No.

Sorry, this was too hasty, I didn't notice that you meant the segfault
when you suggested a bug report.

Of corse segfaults should generally be reported. But with
Debian/testing, which you said you are running, it is more likely than
with Debian/stable that an unstable linked library is the cause. And
as I said, I don't see the segfault (also Octave-3.6.2, but
Debian/stable). So I'd say such a bug-report would be more valuable if
you could reproduce the segfault with Debian/stable, or if you should
be able to provide additional information (e.g by runnig Octave in a
debugger and obtaining a backtrace at segfault).

Olaf