cannot install additional packages for octave 3.6.3

From: fr33c0untry
Subject: cannot install additional packages for octave 3.6.3
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 07:32:35 -0800 (PST)

hi
i wanted to install a few packages ,integration ,symbolic and signal
processing.i downloaded them from octave forge and tried to install by
entering the command on octave but it showed some compiling errors.

so i searched for it on synaptic manager.it had all the packages that could
be found in octave-forge but when i clicked to download is instructed me to
delete the new version 3.6.3 and install the old 3.2.4 version.

i'm thinking of going back to the old one since i had it before and didn't
find any difference with the new one.and because its easier to install the
packages that way. but i hope if someone can help me install these packages
on octave 3.6.3

here are the errors that i get :
for integration-1.0.7.tar.gz

for symbolic-1.1.0.tar.gz