Re: Strange extra line when plotting

From: jwregme
Subject: Re: Strange extra line when plotting
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 00:52:30 -0800 (PST)

In octave 3.6.2 the extra lines only show up when printing the plot.
I seem to get the same behavior for my plots from about 100 data points and
up (the more data points I have the more extra lines I get).
My data is evenly spaced in x (the extra lines occur at spacing smaller than
0.02) and the y values I generate from my grid differ at low x and at high x
they are very much the same:
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4649816/temporal-coverage.jpg>

To reproduce the problem:

load grid.vec;
load coverage.vec;
plot(grid, coverage);
print -djpg "-S1300,1300" coverage.jpg

coverage.vec
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4649816/coverage.vec>
grid.vec <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4649816/grid.vec>

ADDENDUM:

I'm calculating and plotting some other stuff before this plot so I just
tried out the code I provided here... I don't seem to get the lines but the
curve has larger interruptions, where I believe the extra lines would
normally join. There definitely is some rendering issue when printing plots!
Might this bug be the same as for displaying plots (which seems to have been
fixed in the mean time)?