Tracking Warning/Error Message on Toolbox_Calib

From: niverik2k
Subject: Tracking Warning/Error Message on Toolbox_Calib
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:10:00 -0800 (PST)

I recently got Octave to use the Toolbox_Calib Package for MatLab, located
at; http://www.vision.caltech.edu/bouguetj/calib_doc/

I followed the instructions to use this package on Octave at;
http://www.sparetimelabs.com/cameracalib/index.html
Example Steps;
http://www.vision.caltech.edu/bouguetj/calib_doc/htmls/example.html

Everything was working as expected to follow the instructions above until I
got to "extract the grid" step (from example page) corners, and got a flurry
of warnings and error messages. Although I could easily trace the Error
Messages, I could not figure out where the warning messages where coming
from in order to try and resolve this issue. I believe the warning messages
where causing the error messages, but I don't know how to trace the root of
the problem.

Here is the steps I take and the error message I received;

octave:6>* click_calib*

Extraction of the grid corners on the images
Number(s) of image(s) to process ([] = all images) =
Window size for corner finder (wintx and winty):
wintx ([] = 5) =
winty ([] = 5) =
Window size = 11x11
Do you want to use the automatic square counting mechanism (0=[]=default)
  or do you always want to enter the number of squares manually (1,other)?

Processing image 1...
Using (wintx,winty)=(5,5) - Window size = 11x11      (Note: To reset the
window size, run script clearwin)
Click on the four extreme corners of the rectangular complete pattern (the
first clicked corner is the origin)...
warning: division by zero
warning: division by zero
Size of each square along the X direction: dX=30mm
Size of each square along the Y direction: dY=30mm   (Note: To reset the
size of the squares, clear the variables dX and dY)
warning: division by zero
warning: division by zero
warning: division by zero
warning: division by zero
error: svd: cannot take SVD of matrix containing Inf or NaN values
error: called from:
error:   /home/parallels/toolbox_calib/compute_homography.m at line 87,
column 10
error:   /home/parallels/toolbox_calib/click_ima_calib.m at line 194, column
25
error:   /home/parallels/toolbox_calib/click_calib.m at line 157, column 9

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.