Re: Not able to get the matlab equivalent output from tfestimate functio

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Not able to get the matlab equivalent output from tfestimate function (transfer function estimate)
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:05:04 +0000

On 10 February 2013 14:36,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 05:07:41 -0800 (PST)
> From: sarbjit <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Not able to get the matlab equivalent output from tfestimate
>         function (transfer function estimate)
>
> Hi,
>
> I am having a program which is written in Matlab. When I am trying to run
> that program in Octave, I am not getting the results as seen in Matlab.
>
> Syntax for tfestimate in Matlab is :
> [Txy,F]=tfestimate(x,y,window,noverlap,nfft)
>
> Syntax for tfestimate in Ocatve is :
> [Pxx,freq]=tfestimate(x,y,Nfft,Fs,window,overlap,range,plot_type,detrend)
>
> As you can see the order of parameters in Octave are different from that of
> Matlab. But I am not able to get the expected results from Ocatve even with
> modifying the order in the code in the Octave.
>
> Snippet from the Matlab code :
> [txy W]=tfestimate(x,y,10,[],[]);
>
> So as per Matlab documentation
> (http://www.mathworks.in/help/signal/ref/tfestimate.html), third argument is
> window function (which is specified as value of 10), fourth and fifth
> argument are noverlap and nfft.
>
> I am not able to modify the code as per the octave specification. Appreciate
> if some one would help me to get the expected results.
>
> I am uploading the .mat files for variable vectors (x and y) generated from
> Matlab. This file can be loaded as :
> load -mat-binary x.mat
> load -mat-binary y.mat
> [txy W]=tfestimate(x,y,10,[],[]); %MATLAB version
> plot(W,abs(txy))
>
> If you plot this in Matlab, curve will be varying while in Octave it will be
> a straight line. (Uploading the outputs as well).
>
> Thanks in advance for help
>
> -Sarbjit

Hi

if they are not compatible, that's a bug. Could you please report it
on the bug tracker [1] and if you can supply a patch even better. It's
written in the Octave language and is less than 30 lines long.
Shouldn't be too much trouble to at least make it accept parameters in
a matlab compatible way.

Carnë

[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=octave