Re: package "communications" will not compile in octave 3.6.3

From: stn021
Subject: Re: package "communications" will not compile in octave 3.6.3
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 11:15:54 +0100

2013/2/9 marco atzeri <address@hidden>

moreover last communications is version 1.1.0 ...

Yes, i know. Tried that one too. That is why I wrote "does not work in any version".

and octave-3.6.3 was never officially announced for some issues
that should be solved in 3.6.4

I downloaded the source octave-3.6.3.tar.bz2 from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/octave/
Then the usual ./configure ; make ; make install

The sourcefile looked to me like any other previous one, and compiled with no indication of any problems.

I will now build octave 3.6.2 instead and I would like to request that unreleased source-files with issues (like octave-3.6.3.tar.bz2) be marked as "rc" or something similar.

I had no problem to install communications-1.1.0.tar.gz
on 3.6.4rc1

I will update and rebuild as soon as 3.6.4 is release

Thanks, stn