Re: Bug in script for plotting

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Bug in script for plotting
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 19:59:23 -0500

On Feb 7, 2013, at 5:28 PM, stn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is kind of irritating. It has also probably been discussed before.
>

> The plot-command works fine, the plot appears as expected, but on the
> terminal there is a message
>
> gnuplot> nset obj 1;
>          ^
>          line 0: invalid command
>

> After lots of googling and some grepping I found this line in
> /usr/local/share/octave/3.6.3/m/plot/private/__go_draw_axes__.m
>
> Only there it says "unset obj". More specifically it says "fputs
> (plot_stream, "unset obj 1; \\\n");"
>
> The problem can be solved by replacing every occurence of "unset obj" in the
> script with " unset obj".
>
> It would appear that the function fputs() does not work correctly and
> truncates the first character of this string. The solution mentioned above
> simply adds a space-character, that is then truncated.
>
> I would like to suggest checking the matter.
>
> Best regards, stn

I've seen this mentioned before, but I do not get this error.  For example,
each of the following work for me.

        plot (rand (3))
        surf (peaks ())
        contour (peaks ())

I'm using gnuplot 4.6 patchlevel 1

Can you tell us what version of gnuplot you are using (just in case that is
involved in some way).  Also, can you provide a short script that produces the
error for you so that we may try to duplicate it?

Ben