Re: Problems using octave on Windows 8

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Problems using octave on Windows 8
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:27:13 -0500

On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 6:11 AM, A. Keskin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

I’m student and I installed octave on a windows 8 system but it doesn't work. I ‘ve read on the internet about problems with using octave on windows 8. Is there any solution for this problem ?

It's hard to answer without a proper description of the "it doesn't work" bit. However I will assume that it's the problem of TTY detection as reported previously. In that case, one workaround is to start octave manually as:

octave.exe -i --line-editing

Michael.