Re: exporting formatted data to a file

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: exporting formatted data to a file
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:53:45 +0100

On 2/5/2013 4:34 PM, Graham Toal wrote:
Yeah, trouble much. I reinstalled octave (core and others) just to find out it
won't graph with gnuplot anymore:

I recently installed octave for the first time and discovered that the current
packaged release of gnuplot for RHEL5 isn't compatible with the current release of
octave as compiled from source.  However everything worked fine as soon as I
compiled gnuplot 4.6.1 from source.  (and after I realized that the updated gnuplot
was in /usr/local/bin and the original was still in /usr/bin :-) )  Since the
gnuplot compilation is very easy (just configure & make) I'd recommend trying
that before backing out to the older octave?

Graham

don't run too fast.
He is on Windows8 not on any Linux variant

Building Octave in MS is not for newbies

Regards
Marco