Re: List of dependencies for compiling

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: List of dependencies for compiling
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 13:38:35 -0500

On 1 February 2013 13:31, Alec Teal <address@hidden> wrote:
> deb http://packages.linuxmint.com/ maya main upstream import
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise main restricted universe
> multiverse
> deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates main restricted
> universe multiverse
> deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-security main restricted
> universe multiverse
> deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu/ precise partner
> deb http://packages.medibuntu.org/ precise free non-free
>
> You're saying those words are meaningless,

No, deb is the word for the binary packages, deb-src is the word for
source packages. In this case and almost all cases, they are located
at the same place.

> I could copy and one of those lines and change deb to deb-src?

Yes. In fact, I believe the default sources.list in [GNU/]Linux Mint
has these lines already there, but commented out.

> I doubt that, hence this thread.

Doubt no more, try it and see. The worst that could happen is that
"apt-get update" will complain.

- Jordi G. H.