Re: help! Octave, connecting laptops to "supercomputers"

From: Pedro
Subject: Re: help! Octave, connecting laptops to "supercomputers"
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 02:00:33 +0100

First of all, Writing this mail I wanted to know what use octavian
people like me (or not) when need to work with hard processes. 4/4 for
going in "ssh -X", well, I have to re-think on that!

I said no to "ssh -X" because I'm looking for alternatives on
connecting with computer/computers that process the data.

- I've never used. (read last line of this mail)

- from ssh -X I read that is innerently insecure, because run a root
process: the X server, read this (old) review about this [1].

- Also, because is slow (or inefficient), that's because is encrypting
all the communications to the server.
But I only want to "pass the code strictly necessary".
Because if I use the ssh connection as a workstation it's excessive
for what I want.
Imagine looking images, sound or video with a ssh connection in a
"streaming way".
I could do rsync? ... Yes, but are things that take you off your
concentration, no? It means, that make you thing on two machines
constantly.

I would like to imagine "one machine", could be with virtualization?
cloud computing? "p2p processing" ? Assymetric processing?

I don't understand a lot how it works distcc, but see this:
compilation of kernel distributed: the guy is in his computer, and
divide tasks to others, after it, they have his output file. [1]
Compiling means that a personalized task (hardware, processor
architecture...) but delivered to process by others

For "ssh -X" users, could they give some tricks to make life easier?

Thanks for reading!
Pedro

[1]
https://padraic2112.wordpress.com/2007/07/09/bad-security-201-remote-x-sessions-over-ssh/