Re: List of dependencies for compiling

From: Alec Teal
Subject: Re: List of dependencies for compiling
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 09:02:48 +0000

On 17/01/13 21:05, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 17 January 2013 15:55, Alec Teal <address@hidden> wrote:
On 17/01/13 20:51, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
On 17 January 2013 15:44, Alec Teal <address@hidden> wrote:

Can I please have a list of package names?
  From the actual Debian packaging for Octave 3.6.3:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-octave/octave.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=2aaed93db3323b02cb80fb5f4ad539d96bf66b97;hb=664fad81e8da21380ba626ce9a9accff2c593a6d#l8

Thanks for the quick response! In order to save myself some work is there an
easy way to use that file? I know very little about package management.
Setup a deb-src line in your /etc/apt/sources.list pointing to this PPA:

    https://launchpad.net/~octave/+archive/stable

And use "sudo apt-get build-dep octave".

You may also just install the packages from this PPA without compiling
them yourself.

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.

Linux Mint doesn't provide the deb-src's in it's default list (annoying, don't know why) what would the full line be? deb-src (that link) doesn't work, I'm guessing it needs some other stuff after it, without knowing (as opposed to speculating) on what they do I would like a definite answer.