output during execution of Octave program

From: kees
Subject: output during execution of Octave program
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:43:05 -0500

I am wondering if someone can help me with this problem.

I have written some code to communicate with a spectrum analyzer and for debugging reasons I have some output statement in the program just to see what error functions the analyzer returns. The thing is that is appears that the octave program wait till it is finished running before it display any output to the screen.

I looked in the octave manual and the online manual but I do not know what to look for to solve this problem.

Well I did not mind it that much when I did the debugging but now I would like to plot it to the screen and the plot need to be constantly updated with the new trace every time the analyzer sweeps. So I see only the graph when the program is finished.

I looked at PAGER() but this seems only to apply to when the program is finished and show the output but not for during execution of the program. So what and how can I activate this that the program actually print output to the screen while the program is running.

Kees Blom