Passing image matrix into c++ file

From: tstrubl1
Subject: Passing image matrix into c++ file
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 12:20:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone.  I am attempting to write a program which passes an image
matrix into a C++ function from octave 3.6.2.  When I first attempted doing
such, i received the error:

 error: invalid conversion of uint8 matrix to Matrix

I could find no documentation as to how to declare a uint8 matrix in a C++
file (I looked for a long time).  So, I attempted to change my image into a
double using img2double.  This resulted in a different error:

 error: invalid conversion of NDarray to Matrix

after either of these errors, the program would crash on me.  I have
attached both my code and trial image.

I would appreciate any information you have on how to correct this issue.  I
have attached a copy of my code. The program itself is used to reduce the
intensities of the 2 smallest color values in each pixel.

Thank you for your time.

--Timothy

  quarter_down.cc
<http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4649069/quarter_down.cc>