Re: Who wants the splines-gcvspl package?

From: Alec Teal
Subject: Re: Who wants the splines-gcvspl package?
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:14:10 +0000

On 23/01/13 01:32, Ed Meyer wrote:

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Alec Teal <address@hidden> wrote:
On 22/01/13 17:41, Carnë Draug wrote:
On 17 January 2013 02:02, Carnë Draug <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
Does someone cares about this package?
No one then? I'll remove it from the repository when I get the time,
probably next week.

Carnë

What does it do?

gcv is "Generalized Cross Validation" - basically a technique for creating
a smoothing spline, usually to non-exact data.

There is another replacement possibility, unfortunately on netlib and also
rather old (1986) but there are 4 contacts listed, all at U.Wisc. I could try
to contact them, though I'm no lawyer and I haven't a clue what to ask them;
any suggestions?

--
Ed Meyer
Be honest, Hey I'm from Octave, help!