Re: Octave with eclipse

From: Daniel
Subject: Re: Octave with eclipse
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 04:53:01 -0800 (PST)

bpabbott wrote
> On Jan 10, 2013, at 8:01 AM, sarbjit <

> sarbjit1987@

> > wrote:
>
>> I have found one link having octave plugin for eclipse
>> "https://sourceforge.net/projects/octclipse/"; . But when I run any
>> script,
>> it gave the following error:
>>
>> "No corresponding plugin for current Octave version".
>>
>> Has any one able to use that plugin with eclipse?
>>
>> Thanks
>
> The link below indicates Octclipse should run on Windows and Linux.  What
> OS are you?
>
> http://octclipse.sourceforge.net/
>
> Ben

Hi Ben,

I use
- Windows 7 Professional 64bit
- octclipse
- Octave 3.6.2

When trying to run a simple script I get the error
"No corresponding plugin for current Octave version"

I also tried Octave 3.6.1 plus different builds always with the same result.

Both times the message seems oddd, because when configuring, octclipse
recognizes the proper Octave installation and libs.

I think the problem may rely to java, since I get the following error when
trying to receive the octclipse installation details:

An internal error occurred during: "Fetching children of _SELF_".
java.lang.NullPointerException

Any idea?

Thanks Daniel