RE: SOURCE FILES FOR WIN 7 X64

From: Allen.Windhorn
Subject: RE: SOURCE FILES FOR WIN 7 X64
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 15:50:12 +0000

Jordi,

We have to have them here (on new messages).  I think it is because:

1. Something bad happened once.
2. The IT department has been told to DO SOMETHING about it.
3. It's easy and mindless to set up Microsoft Exchange to add footers.
4. Thus the IT department can be seen to be DOING SOMETHING.
5. If it doesn't have any effect, nobody has told them (and they aren't
   asking, in case they might actually have to do something difficult).
6. And anyway, that's a legal department problem.  The legal department
   doesn't care (nobody has asked them to, and it doesn't cost them
   anything).
7. And besides, it might actually keep someone from misusing data they
   aren't entitled to.  You never know.

I manually remove them unless I'm actually sending sensitive data to
someone, though I'm not supposed to.

Regards,
Allen