Latest Octave package available for RHEL 5

From: dancantong
Subject: Latest Octave package available for RHEL 5
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 06:05:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear Octave users,

We are currently having some troubles installing Octave software on a Redhat
Enterprise Linux 5 server. Latest Octave available package for our
distribution is
http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/x86_64/octave-3.0.5-1.el5.x86_64.rpm
but we also need to install some Octave-forge packages (including Java 1.2.9
package) that requires a more recent version of Octave software.

We wonder if there is any packaged version of Octave (>=3.2.0) available for
downloading for RHEL 5 systems. We would like to avoid compilation from
sources but in case we need to do it, could you provide us some information
on compilation procedure, specially information on dependencies that must be
satisfied?

Regards,

Daniel.