Re: Edit problem Octave

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: Edit problem Octave
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:57:23 -0500

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Paulo SantosVasconcelos <address@hidden> wrote:
To whom it may concern,

I installed Octave with an installer made for Windows. I am learning MATLAB, so I was trying to use both program to make comparisons and test commands. The commands seemed to work fine but when I wanted to test writing a script...

I tried to run the notepad++ editor like this:
octave:1> edit

but, I got a system error that said:
octave:2>
error: system: CreateProcess failed -- can't create child process
error: called from:
error:     C:\Octave3.6.2_gcc4.6.2\share\octave\3.6.2\m\miscellaneous\edit.m at line 212, column 7

I google it and found some fixes like: double or quadruple backslashes, forward slashes, but it did not work.

Thank you for your help

Do you have the Notepad++ editor installed? (I know the MinGW version doesn't include Notepad++. fairly certain Visual Studio version doesn't either.

Brief directions for adding Notepad++
http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Windows#Optional_installation_of_Notepad.2B.2B_as_an_editor_.28recommended.29