Re: mkoctfile-database - compiling problems

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: mkoctfile-database - compiling problems
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 18:50:14 +0000

On 9 January 2013 16:27,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 20:48:21 +0000
> From: richard <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: mkoctfile-database - compiling problems
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am running octave-3.6.2 on Debian|wheezy
>
> I'm attempting to run :
>> pkg install database-1.0.4.tar
>
> I installed octave-dev - > mkoctfile no longer throws up
> unable to find mkoctfile in expected location: `/usr/bin/mkoctfile'
>
> however, something at the bottom of config.h seems wrong:
> ##################################
> /* oct-types.h */
>
> typedef OCTAVE_IDX_TYPE octave_idx_type;
>
> #include <stdint.h>
> ################################
> I do not have oct-types.h in the /octave-3.6.2/octave/ directory
>
> should it be there?
>
> Also, is anyone else running database-1.0.4 ?
> are there any problems runnit with postgres?

The database package is unmaintained, the last released has been made
4 years ago. It is no longer packaged by Debian, most likely because
of that. You may want to try the development version, maybe it works.

If you are interested on the database package, we will welcome your
contributions (patches are great or you can also convince other devs
to work on it for you).

Carnë