Re: gamma_inc for octave

From: James Sherman Jr.
Subject: Re: gamma_inc for octave
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 11:20:06 -0500

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:49 AM, OYEDAPO OLUFEMI
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me with how to use the upper bound incomplete gamma function
> "gamma_inc(..)"?. I want to use this function in octave, but it says its not
> defined. I have installed GSL yet i couldn't get it worked. Any suggestion?

Unless it is just a typo in your email, I think the function you're
looking for is "gammainc", no underscore in the function name.  At
least in my octave installation (3.6.0), I get, when looking for the
gammainc function:

octave:1> help gammainc
`gammainc' is a function from the file D:\Octave\Octave3.6.0_gcc4.6.2\lib\octave
\3.6.0\oct\i686-pc-mingw32\gammainc.oct

 -- Mapping Function:  gammainc (X, A)
 -- Mapping Function:  gammainc (X, A, "lower")
 -- Mapping Function:  gammainc (X, A, "upper")
     Compute the normalized incomplete gamma function,

Hope this helps,

James Sherman