shell script location

From: Richard Crozier
Subject: shell script location
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 08:09:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm trying out running an octave script as an executeable program
(http://sunsite.univie.ac.at/textbooks/octave/octave_3.html#SEC39)

is there any way for octave running this way to get the location of the
running script? I want it to be able to locate other function files from the
script location (actually I just want to cd to the script location, knowing
the other function files are located there too), but mfilename() returns an
empty string. I'm guession this is because this is not actually treated as a
script file, but as a series of commands to the interpreter.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Richard