Re: instrument-control toolbox

From: Andrius Sutas
Subject: Re: instrument-control toolbox
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 13:00:31 +0000

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 12:54 PM, kees <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/04/2013 05:05 PM, Andrius Sutas wrote:

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 6:05 PM, kees <address@hidden> wrote:
On 12/31/2012 11:54 AM, Andrius Sutas wrote:
On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 1:51 PM, kees <address@hidden> wrote:
I am trying to communicate to an ADR2205 card from Ontrak control systems. I have been able to send commands to it with this simple code:

<snip>

So I do not know if this is wrong in my code or that there is something in the software that truncate the number of bytes being read.

It is my ultimate goal to talk to a spectrum analyzer and the return string is I do not know how many bytes long containing: start and stop frequency, VBW, RBW, marker and of course trace data. So if I cannot read beyond 8 characters this will never work. So what is it that I am doing wrong.

Kees Blom

Thanks for a good description.

Have you tried Instrument-Control version from the SVN repository?

I am using package 0.1.0  from 2012-10-02 from this link. I believe it is SVN;
http://octave.sourceforge.net/instrument-control/index.html

I have the zip file attached for your reference.

Kees

Please try attached development version.

0b49d0f5942d2f07025cf5f5aa1be8a3  instrument-control-svn-20130104.tar.gz
I installed the new updated version and it works. I am receiving the correct string back from the ADR card.

Thanks Kees

Thank you for testing and reporting back the warning messages.

Andrew.