Re: How convert point cloud into surface

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: How convert point cloud into surface
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 14:32:47 -0500

On 27 December 2012 14:22, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2012, at 1:21 PM, aleximix wrote:
>
>> I have three vectors A,B,C and n points
>> To visualize in 3d space I use scatter3(A,B,C)
>> Question: how convert point cloud, into approximated surface?
>>

> help griddata

The griddata function is very limited. It interpolates the point cloud
to a rectangular grid, which is a very brittle method.

This problem is very complicated, and Octave offers very limited tools
to work with it, not to mention that Octave cannot gracefully handle
point clouds of modest size. Meshlab is better optimised to handle
much larger point clouds.

- Jordi G. H.