ode45 Matlab -> Octave

From: alexvas
Subject: ode45 Matlab -> Octave
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 18:44:28 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am an avid user of Matlab, but currently only have access to Octave. My
Matlab script uses ode45 (which is not native to Octave, so I downloaded an
ode45.m from sourceforge), but for some reason ode45 only returns 10 time
steps. For example, if I run

    tspan=0:0.5:40;
    [t,w_fft] = ode45(@(t, w_vec) rhs_FFT(.......parameters of
rhs_FFT......), tspan, w_initial);

I would expect the structure 'w_fft' to hold 80 elements, one for each time
step. But instead no matter how large I make my tspan, I only get columns in
'w_fft' - and I'm fairly sure it's the first ten every time. In Matlab this
script runs just fine (ie, returning all 80 elements of w_fft) - is there
any way to get this to work in Octave?

Thanks!