Re: Support

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Support
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 12:26:09 -0500

On 30-Nov-2012, Sergei Steshenko wrote:

| I suggested to include _direct_ links to Matlab documentation in
| Octave documentation, but Octave developers refused.

Of course we refused, because it would be an idiotic thing to do.
Octave's documentation should not require any outside sources.  If you
want things to improve, then contribute in some way.

| I am _very_ glad another person has guts to tell that Matlab
| documentation is _better_.

It's not surprising that it is "better" in some ways.  TMW is funded
by hundreds of millions of dollars in license fees.  We are a loosely
organized band of volunteers.  Fund us with 10% of what TMW gets in a
year of license fees and I suspect things would improve much more
rapidly.

jwe