Re: pkg problems

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: pkg problems
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 06:27:12 +0100

On 25 November 2012 06:02, Terry Duell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 13:54:28 +1100, Carnë Draug <address@hidden>
>> Remove (or comment out) that addpath line from your
>> octaverc, start Octave again, and load the signal package only. Do you
>> have a problem accessing its functions?
>
> OK, I removed the addpath for all the above packages, then ran 'pkg load
> signal', and 'help pwelch' now runs as expected, so this may have put things
> in a bit better shape. It will take a bit of time to test/check it all
> properly, but at least it is looking a better than it was.

My guess is that one of the packages you installed is messing up your
paths somehow. Try loading and unloading them, checking signal in
between, until you find the culprit. This is one of the reasons
packages are no longer autoloaded. Some of them can break your Octave.

I'd recommend you to install packages with the -noauto option to
overwrite any autoload settings a package may have. For the ones you
already have installed you can change it with "pkg rebuild -noauto
all". And you can also add a "pkg unload all" on the top of your
.octaverc, and only then, load the packages you need.

Carnë