Re: Can't save a plot

From: Jorgen Sandberg
Subject: Re: Can't save a plot
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 21:01:06 +0100

Dear Ben Abbott,

Thanks a lot for your help. Unfortunately, I still have the problem.

I have downloaded Ghostscript 9.05 and installed it. I have added the path in the /.octaverc file as per the instruction for Octave with Visual studio, but OCTAVE still can't find ghostscript. I have looked into the ghostscript installation and in the bin file is gswin32.exe. Thus I guess Octave should be looking for gswin32.exe. Is that so?

I have also found a Ghostscript version 9.02 that is a tar.gz file like the other packages for Octave on Sourceforge. Should I download this and install it as a package in OCTAVE? Will that do the trick?

I am sorry to pass you these stupid problems. I am aware that OCTAVE is free so I should not complain. However, please understand that I want to spend my effort on using it in place of struggling with the installation. My wish is that you prepare a complete installation package for stupid users as I such that there is no need to install any other packages. Please....

On the symbolic package. I downloaded the package from the sourgeforge.net site for windows. The name of the package is octave-3.6.2-symbolic-1.1.0-vs2010-setup.exe. After having installed OCTAVE 3.6.2 I clicked on the package to activate its installation like I had done it for the other packages available on the same site. But the symbolic package came with the error message, while all the other packages installed without any error message.

Again my wish is for a complete package for Windows 7 stupid users as I.

A question if I may. The command window of OCTAVE is rather narrow. I have looked in the Manual but can't find any command to make it wider. Does OCTAVE include a command to make the command window wider?

Finally, I use OCTAVE intensively. I save plots by using the snipping tool in windows, but it is cumbersome. An automatic saving would be preferable, so that is my reason for trying again and again to make it work.

I find it great to have access to this free software, thus THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Regards,

Jorgen Sandberg
Nonnedalen 19
DK-4100 Ringsted