Just installed on WIn7 and segfault occurs

From: Allan Smith
Subject: Just installed on WIn7 and segfault occurs
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 16:27:19 -0000

I have just refurbed a computer to purely to run an Octave prog which may need to run for a long time.

I installed Win 7 and fully updated it.

I installed Jave RTE

I installed C++ dll

I installed the 7 zip program.

I downloaded the Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2_20120303,tz and uncompressed it into c:\octave

I downloaded the Octave3.6.1_gcc4.6.2_pkgs_20120303.7z file and uncompressed it into c:\octave

I copied the 2 shortcuts to my desktop.

I launched Octave – no problem

I carried out the re-builds:

pkg rebuild –auto

pkg rebuild –noauto ad windows

pkg rebuild –noauto nan

pkg rebuild –noauto gsl

pkg rebuild –auto java

all went well.

Closed and re-opened Octave – it started up and give a stack of ‘warnings’ then a prompt.

My Octave programme is in c:\test

octave:1>  cd c:\test

octave:2> ls

{ directory listing appears here – so all appears to be well}

octave:3> RUN_ALL

panic: Segmentation violation  --  stopping myself...

attempting to save variables to ‘octave-core’,,,

save to ‘octave-core’ complete

I tried running in XP compatible and Administrator modes – same problem

Dump is attached

Any advice would be appreciated.

Allan Smith