Re: function still 'missing' even after package installation

From: mrpurple
Subject: Re: function still 'missing' even after package installation
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 12:10:46 -0800 (PST)

Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso-2 wrote
> What version of Ubuntu? 12.10 should have Octave 3.6. If using Ubuntu
> 12.10 you're getting Octave 3.2 instead, there's a packaging bug.

No packaging bug. I was running 12.04
So the answer to my problem the whole time was to upgrade from the 12.04 LTS
to 12.10

As you say there are plenty of benifits to using apt rather than compiling
packages from sources especially if the debian/ubuntu repos are being looked
after. Its a shame 3.6 missed out on the Ubuntu LTS version by a few months.

Thanks