Re: Trouble installing packages

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Trouble installing packages
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 20:07:09 +0100

On 11/4/2012 8:01 PM, theboss368 wrote:
I would really prefer not to.   So let me see if I have this straight.

1. I download the package odepkg-0.8.2.tar.gz  file

that is a source file, not binary

2. I open octave and change the directory to have it be my downloads folder

3. I input      'pkg install odepkg-0.8.2.tar.gz'

what was the output ?
what is the output of "pkg list" command ?

Theoretically this should have my package loaded and ready to use correct??

if you have the compiler and all the stuff used to build octave

my next question is how do I change my directory?

I know I use either "cd" or "chdir" but what do I do then?
no idea of what you means

MArco