stroring pointers from oct-files

From: pantxo diribarne
Subject: stroring pointers from oct-files
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 18:55:47 +0100

Hello,

I use octave to comunicate with laboratory hardwares using modbus protocol through tcp-ip. The modbus library I use (libmodbus: http://libmodbus.org/) returns a pointer the modbus "context" variable and then uses this pointer to access the server.

In octave I cast the adress of the pointer to an "int" type, so that I can reuse that pointer for subsequent calls to one of modbus read/write functions. I then have to free this pointer before exiting octave. Is it the righ way to store pointers or is there a proper way to do that?

Pantxo