Disable Scientific Notation when using num2str function

From: bobkarh
Subject: Disable Scientific Notation when using num2str function
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 04:11:35 -0700 (PDT)

I am trying to convert a big number like :

12345678901234567890

into a string by using:

num2str(12345678901234567890)

but the result is:

ans = "1.2346e+019"

That answer "ans" is a STRING with size :
size [1 , 11]
(one row, eleven columns)...and for example: value at column number two is
"."

SO I'VE LOST MY NUMBER!!!
AND I DON'T WANT THIS!!!!!

I want the original number to be a string
ans= "12345678901234567890"

I have tried to change format, using the function "format"
but it doesn't work... I have also tried to change the built in variable:
"fixed_point_format ()"
but that doesn't work either....

IS THERE A WAY TO CONVERT A LARGE NUMBER TO A LARGE STRING?????