Re: How to get serial data from USB using instrument control

From: Andrius Sutas
Subject: Re: How to get serial data from USB using instrument control
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 10:38:17 +0100

Hey,

If you read description of srl_read() (e.g. help('srl_read')) it says the return value is uint8 aray i.e. unsigned byte.

In your case you are getting 49 which is "1" in ASCII, so it is working! If you want to get char as output, try using "char(srl_read(s, 1))"

Also, thanks for testing and feedback!