Re: transfer function estimation

From: Doug Stewart
Subject: Re: transfer function estimation
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:00:44 -0400

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:24 AM, Rudolf Widmer-Schnidrig <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear List,

to estimate the transfer function of a liner system I feed a well defined input signal into the system and record the output.

One way which I have followed so far is to FFT both the input and the output, divide output by input and feed
the resulting spectrum into invfreqs. This gives me the desired pole-zero representation of my system.

Question: can this be gotten without first FFTing the input and output?
What routines would I call?

I'd be glad to just get a sketch of the necessary steps.

                 sincerely,                 -Ruedi