Re: Fzero for functions that are never negative?

From: Joza
Subject: Re: Fzero for functions that are never negative?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 14:16:34 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the input guys, I've been thinking about it all!!! :-)

As regards the fsolve function, is it possible to specify the x-convergence
test for EACH ITERATION? I know can input the absolute convergence error for
"TolX", but I would rather test each iteration, which will depend on the
value obtained in the previous iteration. Is that possible?

I'm also curious, does it happen often that simple self-made algorithms can
provide better answers than Octave's built-in functions?