Re: Real-data DFT in Octave

From: Torbjörn Rathsman
Subject: Re: Real-data DFT in Octave
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 16:06:51 +0200

Doug Stewart skrev 2012-10-06 16:05:

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Torbjörn Rathsman <address@hidden> wrote:
Doug Stewart skrev 2012-10-06 15:46:

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Sergei Steshenko <address@hidden> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
> [...]

I am not sure what the problem is, but dealing with real input data I use 'conj' and 'fliplr' in the end when I need to produce mirrored spoectrum for inverse FFT.

Regards,
  Sergei.

fft works for me

a=randn(100,1);
b=fft(a);
c=ifft(b);
d=real(c);
e=a-d;
e(1:10)

this gives close to zero,which is good.

--
DAS

https://linuxcounter.net/user/206392.html
But you did not clobber b.  You need to mirror it the changes if you were to.

Yes if you change b then you must do it correctly

Yes and if fftw:s r2c and c2r routine were used, I wouldn't need to bother, because it is inherent from the choise of algorithm.