Re: [OctDev] finishing up new release of image package

From: Lukas Reichlin
Subject: Re: [OctDev] finishing up new release of image package
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 16:22:14 +0200

On 01.10.2012, at 16:06, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 1 October 2012 10:01, Lukas Reichlin <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> This should be available on a modern enough system. I wish clang
>>> wasn't so laggy with respect to C++ support. What clang version is
>>> that?
>>
>> Are you looking for this?
>>
>> ra:~ lukas$ clang -v
>> Apple clang version 4.1 (tags/Apple/clang-421.11.65) (based on LLVM 3.1svn)
>> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.2.0
>
> Looks like they only fixed this bug in March. I don't know if this is
> already in 3.1. I am not particularly happy about the idea of patching
> my code for the benefit of non-GNU users. However, I would welcome a
> patch to work around that clang bug, if you care to write it.
>
> - Jordi G. H.

Well, I have no idea how to fix this. If you don't work around it, I'll have to
wait until Apple updates clang/llvm again. This would be no tragedy, as I am
rarely using the image package. In fact I tested the new version to do Carnë a
favour and out of curiosity whether it works on other platforms than GNU/Linux
+ GCC.

Best regards,
Lukas