Re: Are package folder supported?

From: T .
Subject: Re: Are package folder supported?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 11:29:03 -0500

I don't have access to Octave at the moment (traveling), but from what
I can see, this does not seem the equivalent of Matlab package
folders.

There, folders are setup like: +geom2d/+private/, and you can call the
function then with: foo = geom2d.private.assertEqual( bar ).

I'm not sure how many people actually use these package folders in
Matlab, but for me they serve as namespaces, and prevent accidentally
overwriting existing Matlab/Octave functions. Of course, if you simply
add all subfolders of +geom2d to the path, the function can still be
called with: foo = assertEqual( bar ). When used as package folders,
only +geom2d is added to the path.

As I'm in the end of my PhD thesis, I have only limited possibilities
to contribute. But if someone can point me to the relevant files in
the main Octave repository, I might give it a go at some point.