Re: Help with gnuplot

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: Help with gnuplot
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:33:13 -0400

On 25 September 2012 15:43, Edward Matthews
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I downloaded and installed octave, gnuplot, and aquaterm using the
> information on http://wiki.octave.org/Installing_MacOS_X_Bundle. I
> have tested everything in command prompt and it checks out. However,
> when I try to plot a gnuplot window doesn't open. The top of the
> terminal changes from Terminal-octave-3.4.0 to
> Terminal-gnuplot-4.2.5 and aquaterm opens in the dock, but the plot
> does not come up. Any suggestions?

Yes, the suggestion is in bright red at the top of the page you linked
above:

    Warning: Octave's App bundles are for old Octave versions and
    prone to problems. The latest App bundle does not provide full
    support for the printing or documentation features of Octave.
    Other features may be missing as well. Users are strongly
    encouraged to use a package manager to install Octave for MacOS X.

We may be able to provide a one-click package for Mac OS X in the
future, but in the meantime, please use one of Fink, Macports, or
Homebrew instead.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you are willing and/or able to improve
the one-click package, please let us know.

- Jordi G. H.