Re: BLAS library incompatible with Fortran 77 compiler settings

From: Hoeltgen Laurent
Subject: Re: BLAS library incompatible with Fortran 77 compiler settings
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 19:40:02 +0200

Hi,

2012/9/25 babelproofreader <address@hidden>
I'm trying to install Octave-3.6.2 from source on Ubuntu 12.04 with KDE
desktop but when I run the Octave configure script I get this error

/BLAS library was detected but found incompatible with your Fortran 77
compiler settings./

I used ./configure F77=gfortran as was suggested by numerous web searches
and I've ensured that the alternatives system F77 files are moved out of
harms way as per the comments in  this stackoverflow post
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8073199/octave-make-command-fails-with-cannot-open-file-debug-h>
. The installed BLAS libraries are those installed by the package manager.
I've been at this for hours now, and still no luck. Any suggestions?