RE: Wrong Path to libstdc++.so.y With OpenGL Enabled

From: Feuerbacher, Alan
Subject: RE: Wrong Path to libstdc++.so.y With OpenGL Enabled
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 18:38:51 +0000

Hi Thomas,

> The two files not only differ in the opengl libs, but also in the fltk
> lib:
>
> libfltk_gl.so.1.1 => /usr/lib64/libfltk_gl.so.1.1 (0x00002ba581a2c000)

Right. This is needed by octave with opengl, but not without it. I've spent a
lot of time making sure that this works right, but that's another story.

>   You could do a ldd /usr/lib64/libfltk_gl.so.1.1 and see if this pulls
> in /lib64/libstdc++....

I get two different results depending on whether I use the RHEL5 ldd or the one
that comes with the new software that I installed:

/usr/bin/ldd pulls in /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6

whereas

/home/afbacher/LFS71/lfs84/usr/bin/ldd pulls in
/home/afbacher/LFS71/lfs84/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

> Do ldd with the same LD_LIBRARY_PATH as when you wanna start octave,

It's always unset. And setting it to anything I've tried doesn't help.

> and then maybe do also strings /usr/lib64/libfltk_gl.so.1.1 to see if
> the path is hardcoded in the lib.

There is a string "libstdc++.so.6" in the output.

> If yes, then You might have to build FLTK yourself, too.
>  But this is just a guess.

I tried that, too, without success. But I think I now know how to make it
compile. Has to do with giving a proper path for configure to use the right
pkg-config.

Thanks!
Alan